DAMP rating requirements: (Interior locations protected from weather and subject to moderate degrees of moisture, such as basements, barns, cold storage warehouses, screened in or covered porch, etc…. not in direct rain):
- Stainless Steel hardware throughout the fan.
- Metal parts are treated prior to painting to resist possible rusting.
- No plated finishes, only painted finishes.
- All surfaces of metal parts are painted.
- We recommend plastic blades for DAMP rated fans.
WET rating requirements: (Location unprotected and exposed to the weather. You can spray a wet rated fan off with a garden hose, or have in direct rain); Belleria®, Torrento®,The EdgewoodTM Wet series(TF910), The EdgewoodTM Deluxe Wet series(TF971), The ZonixTM series(FP4640), and the CancunTM series (FP8016 and FP8012)
- All damp requirements apply.
- Different motor is required. Motor with no vent holes “totally enclosed”.
- Downrod to fan connection must be watertight so water does not pass down thru the motor shaft.
- Plastic (or other weather resistant) blades required.
- Wiring connections inside switch cup require crimps wrapped with plastic bag. No molex plugs or wire nuts.